What Makes Canine Perspective’s Daycare Different?
Canine Perspective started as a private home to home dog training business in May of 2012 led by Master Dog Trainer and Dog Behavior Expert, Jesse San Miguel. Each year business doubled and the demand for Jesse’s expertise spread across the Chicago and Chicago-land area making it difficult to keep up with as travel took up much of the day. Now, clients may also travel to Jesse allowing him and his team to help those in need of dog obedience and behavioral training.
During his years of doing home to home training, Jesse learned many things that Dog Daycares do that would lead to issues with his client’s dogs and essentially developed his Daycare & Boarding operations to avoid or address these problems.
- Handlers are not appropriately trained to handle dogs and simply watch training videos.
- Dogs being reactive while being isolated in a playpen.
- Constant over-stimulation with no downtime leading to issues at home.
- Pottying inside the daycare leading to pottying in the home.
- Being kicked out for simple behaviors like barking, jumping, or whining.
- Being thrown into a large group of dogs with only a single handler leading to dog fights.
These are just a handful of examples of problems many dog owners Jesse has work with have experienced. Using this knowledge and the knowledge he has on dog behavior, Jesse developed his idea for Canine Perspective’s Structured Boarding, Daycare, & Training. A place where dogs that may have not done well in other environments may be able to socialize or be safely boarded without the worry of being mishandled or be allowed to practice unhealthy behaviors.
Jesse gives a tour of our new facility as well as the work we’ve done to the
space to accommodate our needs and to make things more efficient.
Canine Perspective: Structured Dog Boarding, Daycare, & Training
2926 West Lake Street
Chicago, IL 60612
Weekday Hours: 7AM to 7PM
Weekend: 8AM – 6PM
Pick Up & Drop Off by Appointment