Current Contract Form As Of 1/1/23
Use of Services & Payment Agreement
The following agreement has been divided into sections in the order of ‘Training’, ‘Training Deposit, Payment, Refund, Cancellation Policy,’ ‘Daycare, Boarding, Board & Train,’ and ‘Filming and Miscellaneous’ for those who may have already submitted a form previously for training services.
I do hereby willingly enter this agreement with Canine Perspective, Inc. (Canine Perspective) for the purpose of utilizing Canine Perspective’s services (Training, Board & Train, Daycare, Boarding, Walking).
I understand and agree with the following terms and conditions when using Canine Perspective’s services for my dog(s)
Skip to Point 16 if you are just registering for Daycare/Boarding
1. I understand that the active participation of myself is crucial to the success of this program. I agree to follow all training instructions and homework assignments. I agree that any lapse or failure to participate in training which exceeds 30 days, cause notwithstanding, shall result in my forfeiture of the full agreed upon price of the program
2. I hereby certify that my dog has been examined by a veterinarian and is healthy enough for an active training program, which may include running, jumping, climbing on obstacles & related activities. I understand these activities carry inherent risk of injury to myself, and my dog.
3. I understand that in enrolling into the obedience or behavior program, that I will take the necessary precautions suggested by Canine Perspective or any of its employees to ensure the safety of myself, my dog, as well as, those in my environment. I will not hold Canine Perspective or any of its employees liable for any injury caused either through my negligence, equipment failure, and both foreseeable and unforeseeable factors.
4. I agree that is my sole responsibility to notify my trainer at least 48 hours beforehand should I need to cancel/reschedule my appointment and that failure to do so will lead to forfeiture of the hour.
5. I understand that excessive or repeated cancellations will result in the loss of my scheduled recurring time should the time be requested by a new or existing client. It is not the responsibility of Canine Perspective, Inc. to notify me should I be dropped from their schedule and it is in my best interest to get in contact with them regarding the continuation of the program. Should I be
dropped, I understand that I have 3 months to get in contact until complete forfeiture of the cost of the program. I agree that payments will continue to be billed according to the terms stated in paragraph 6 to the card provided above until paid in full.
6. I understand that the quote given to me for training is the cost for the training only and all other expenses are to be covered by me unless otherwise specified in the program. This includes, but is not limited to, training collars, muzzles, and training treats.
7. I agree that if I should enroll in an obedience program to address a behavioral issue, that, there is no guarantee the issue will be addressed by the end of the program. Should I wish to change or upgrade to a behavior program, I understand I must do so before halfway through and that there will be an upgrade fee of $250.
8. I understand that when training my dog, underlying behavior issues may arise, (leash reactivity, aggression towards the handler) and if these issues are deemed dangerous or too serious it will require an additional fee to cover the extra time and precautions needed to address those problems. The fee is determined by the severity of the behavior and the estimated time needed to correct the behavior.
Training Deposit, Payment, Refund, Cancellation Policy
9. I understand that a) the minimum training deposit is 50% of agreed upon price plus cost of training equipment and is to be paid up front unless other arrangements are made. 50% of the full program price is non-refundable after 48 hours for the reason that I am reserving a space for my dog, which may result in another dog being turned away.
10. I understand that cancellation of this agreement, before the agreed upon start date, results in forfeiture of my deposit in accordance with Canine Perspective’s refund policy.
11. If choosing to utilize the payment plan option through Canine Perspective, I agree to pay 50% of the balance upfront and the remaining 50% in 2 payments split every 2 weeks from the initial invoice date.
Other arrangements can be made regarding payment plan breakdowns, but In-Person, Daycare & Train, Board & Trains, and Puppy Board & Train programs will NOT begin until Paid In Full.
In order to authorize Canine Perspective to automatically debit/charge the provided card an Automatic Card Charge Authorization Contract Form will be emailed to you. We will need a printed signed copy of this form for our records.
The form can be brought to or mailed to:
Canine Perspective, Inc.
2700 North Campbell
Chicago, IL 60647
Payment in full is required for an immediate start date for any program pending availability.
Clients on the Payment Plan will NOT be scheduled until the program is PAID IN FULL. Future dates cannot be reserved for In-Person or Daycare & Train Programs. Future dates can be reserved for Board & Train programs, but must be Paid In Full in order to begin.
12. Canine Perspective’s refund policy is as follows and functions on a whichever-comes-first basis:
Puppy Programs, Zoom Lessons, and Zoom Programs
50% Non-Refundable after 1st class or 48 hours after invoice date.
100% Non-Refundable after 2nd class.
All In-Person, Board & Train, Puppy Board & Train, Or Daycare & Train Programs
50% of the total program cost is immediately Non-Refundable.
100% of the total program cost is Non-Refundable after your start is scheduled and confirmed.
13. Cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled time means forfeiture of that week’s lesson. Canine Perspective is aware that due to unforeseen circumstances this may not always be applicable and credits each client with one free cancellation for each program that is purchased.
The ‘free cancellation’ does NOT apply to cancellations made within 5 hours of the appointment time as time is needed to adjust the calendar.
14. Excessive or repeated cancellations/reschedules may lead to the scheduled time being forfeited. There are no refunds in accordance with Canine Perspective’s refund policy.
You are given priority over a time for the length of the program purchased plus an additional week. For example, if you purchase a 6-Week program and choose 7 pm on Wednesdays, that time is yours for 7 weeks from the start date, but should cancellations lead to the length of time being longer than 7 weeks, you then lose priority and that time may be given to someone else. This helps keep Jesse’s schedule from getting backed up.
You do not lose the classes. However, should you choose to cancel your program due to the time being forfeited, there are no refunds.
15. If payments are not made as scheduled I understand Canine Perspective and it’s trainers reserve the right to not show until the balance has been paid. Should a class or classes fall between this time, the class or classes are considered forfeited and are not discounted from the program price.
Daycare, Boarding, Board & Train
16. In the case that I may have to use space provided by Canine Perspective for any of its services at its 2700 North Campbell, Chicago, IL 60647 address. I release Canine Perspective, the Lessee of said property, and KDP Chicago Campbell LLC, the Owners of said property, from any and all liability associated with a) my use and my dog’s use of the facility, b) any injury related to my and my dog’s presence at the facility, both foreseeable and unforeseeable (not limited to: slip and fall, dog bite, equipment failure). I agree that I assume all similar and related risk should I choose to bring minor children to Canine Perspective.
17. I agree that if I fail to properly handle my dog, that I am responsible for any and all injuries caused by my dog or to my dog, both on or near the premises and while off the property as well as any legal fees for the defense of myself, Canine Perspective and KDP Chicago Campbell LLC.
18. I understand Canine Perspective will endeavor to create as safe an environment as possible for the training and boarding care of the dog(s) identified above (the “Dog”), and will offer only sound, safe, and responsible, care, and post-boarding training instructions. Owner agrees,
however, that all animals may exhibit unpredictable behaviors that Canine Perspective will not be liable for the actions of the Dog that are outside of the control of Canine Perspective. Owner agrees to allow random stool samples to insure safety of kennel. Owner agrees that the recommendation by Canine Perspective of any product or service is not a guarantee of performance or Owner’s satisfaction with that product or service.
19. Canine Perspective agrees to indemnify and hold Owner harmless from and against any claims of injury, expense, costs, loss or damages caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Canine Perspective while the Dog is in the sole custody, care, and control of Canine Perspective. Owner acknowledges that Canine Perspective has no control over the Dog when the Dog is not in the exclusive custody, care, and control of Canine Perspective and the Owner agrees to indemnify and hold Canine Perspective, Inc. harmless from and against any and all claims of injury, expense, costs, loss or damages caused by the actions of the Dog when the Dog is not in the sole custody, care, and control of Canine Perspective.
20. I understand if my dog has not trained with Canine Perspective, is on no training collar, and is displaying unwanted behaviors (reactivity, barking, lunging, chewing, biting, nipping, whining, jumping, fence fighting, pulling) that cannot be addressed via slip leash then my dog will not be able to utilize Canine Perspective’s Daycare and Boarding services unless I give consent to Canine Perspective to utilize the appropriate training tool to address my dog’s behavior. I understand that this may incur fees associated to the cost of training my dog.
21. I understand that I am responsible for any harm caused by or done to my dog due to my misrepresentation of my dog’s behavior, predisposed illnesses, and allergies.
22. I understand that should my dog be dog or human reactive to a degree that they need a muzzle that I will muzzle train & condition my dog to ensure the safety of Canine Perspective’s employees and other dogs. I understand I will need to bring my dog in muzzled each and every time I will be utilizing Canine Perspective’s services.
23. I understand and give consent so that my dog may be grouped and/or housed with other dogs, both in a confined environment (kennel) and free environment (playgroup).
The City Of Chicago Requires Section 23 Of This Contract To Be Renewed Every Year
Filming And Miscellaneous
24. I hereby assign and grant to Canine Perspective the right and permission to use, reproduce, distribute, and publish the photograph(s), film(s), videotape(s), audio and video recording(s), electronic representation(s) and/or sound recording(s) made of me and/or my dog(s) at any time during the training and/or boarding of my dog(s) by Canine Perspective, Inc., and I hereby release Canine Perspective from any and all liability resulting from such use, reproduction, distribution, and publication.
25. I hereby authorize the reproduction, sale, distribution, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, and/or electronic storage of any and all such photograph(s), film(s), videotape(s), audio and video recording(s), electronic representation(s) and/or sound recording(s) without limitation at the
discretion of Canine Perspective and I specifically waive any right to any compensation I may have for any of the foregoing.
26. I understand Canine Perspective reserves the right to make changes to this contract at its discretion. The most current version of this form will be posted on www.CaninePerspectiveChicago.com and will be referred to when handling all matters pertaining to the contract.