Skip to content Boarding & Daycare FAQJesus San Miguel2019-10-03T01:51:55+00:00
What To Expect During With Our Daycare & Boarding
- Being left in a new environment is stressful to dogs and can cause stomach upset (diarrhea) after leaving especially after a long period of time. It is also common for dogs to have a loss in appetite. As your dog becomes more accustomed to our facility these issues may go away or resolve themselves more quickly during repeated visits.
- Dogs will commonly display nervous, anxious, and fearful behaviors when in a new environment. Our 3-day evaluation allows us to gradually acclimate your dog to our facility to better ensure a positive experience.
- We want to keep our facility as clean as possible so all dogs are taken out on potty breaks throughout the day.
- Our Daycare & Boarding blends training, discipline, playtime, and rest that sends dogs home physically and mentally tired and not adrenalized and over-stimulated.
What You Need To Bring For Your Dog’s Stay With Us
- Bring each meal individually bagged in a Ziploc.
- If your dog receives wet food, we require you to provide a cover to reseal the can.
- We can accommodate dogs on a raw diet. Each meal will need to be individually bagged and brought in a Tupperware container.
- Treats are welcome. Please label with your dog’s name.
- If your dog is on a medication, we require you to provide pill pockets or canned food in order to administer the medication.
- If your dog has been trained on or wears a prong collar, e-collar, and/or Gentle Leader Head Halti we encourage you to bring your dog with them. We will label your e-collar, remote, and charger with your dog’s name to ensure it doesn’t get lost.
How We Handle Dogs With Behavior Issues
- Canine Perspective’s Staff is trained personally by Jesse San Miguel to ensure consistency in the management of dogs. Weekly meetings are also held to keep all handlers up to date on our dogs and addressing behaviors.
- All Handlers are trained on the appropriate use of slip leash, prong collar, and e-collar to ensure any and all training that former clients have done is reinforced.
- Dogs not trained by Canine Perspective are handled and transported via slip leash. Harnesses and Flexi-leashes are not allowed as they give minimal control of your dog. They also promote or exacerbate unwanted behaviors.
- If a dog were to exhibit any of the following behaviors it will be corrected.
- All dogs are held to the same standard regardless of size, breed, or personality. This allows us to safely and effectively socialize dogs that are deemed ‘hard to handle’ and ‘anti-social.’
- If your dog has not trained with Canine Perspective, is on no training collar, and is displaying unwanted behaviors that cannot be addressed via slip leash we will inform you and ask that you allow us to fit and correct your dog with the appropriate training tool. If we cannot effectively correct your dog then they will not be able to utilize our Daycare and Boarding services.
What If Your Dog Is Aggressive, Anti-Social, And/Or Reactive
- If your dog has had aggression issues towards dogs or humans we require that your dog be muzzle conditioned prior to coming to our facility. This allows us to safely try to socialize your dog.
- Your dog may need additional work in order for them to be able to socialize with other dogs. We offer specialized training sessions that can be used to get your dog to be sociable with others within our facility.
- We cannot guarantee that your dog can be socialized with other dogs.
- Dogs that have issues towards humans may not be allowed to utilize our services depending on the severity.